Friday, August 12, 2011

Nothing is ever simple ( warning: medical pictures that I have taken incase I need to show her Drs)

Things aren't going great with Mikenzees guts right now, As i said yesterday she has managed to close one of her stomas but the other ones are now coping a pounding because of it, I just picked her up from school where she has done really well and had a FULL day first time in ages, So proud of her. Anyway got her home and she was as usual pulling and poking her sore tummy, So i had a look to find yet another leaking red tube site and a rather suspect looking tube tract.




This is what her tube site is looking like, It should not be leaking bile at all


This is the stoma/ fistula that ha closed which is likely what has caused the leak in the picture above




This is the suspect looking lump that I am feeling rather un easy about, Mikenzee goes mad if she pumps it or when i try and clean her belly :(.

Now none of this is what we would immediately rush her to the ED for, but it does make us kind of uneasy, as its things that should not be happening, and well with kids like Mikenzee it can go either way be totally fine or totally not fine, Just have to wait it out and see what way it goes. 

I have my suspicions that this is what caused her infection the week before last which intern caused the subsequent infection last friday, but I don't know that for sure its just a uneducated mummy guess, So will wait it out and see what the deal is I guess.

Mikenzees poor education assistants at school are having to do frequent nappy changes on her at the moment which I know isn't an easy task as it takes two assistants and a lot of convincing for her to let them do it. Im so great full that she has such wonderful assistants and teachers at her school they really are fantastic and worth there weight in gold, I think like nurses teachers an assistants are HUGELY under valued. 

On a fun note they did cooking at school today and made fruit Kebabs, Mikenzee brought hers home with her and is still playing with it, she is rather impressed with her efforts and keeps telling me i can have it for my dinner after she has finished playing with it. I think I shall decline as it has been getting squashed and squeezed for about an hour.  While Mikenzee and I sit on the couch watching Dora the explorer after all this time its still one of her favourites.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmm that lump doesn't look good at all... is it hot to touch? or can you not get anywhere near it? Poor Miki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant really get near it to be honest Renata, imanaged to slightly for a second but she just screamed and pushed away, I dont think its hot but yer couldnt really tell, She doesnt have a temp at all.

    ReplyDelete