So we held out as long as we could do at home, All day yesterday Mikenzee has bad tummy pain, she was ok to play but held her tummy and got upset with it and protected it all day. Once I put her to bed and she wasn't moving around the lump got bigger, So going back to the theory we have gone of in past ( the plan her Dr G came up with ) I switched her over to glucolect plus dextrose into her J tube as the idea is that with out the fats and protein her body wont produce the bile and there for stop leaking, this used to reduce losses in the bag and seen this is leaking from the same spot only cant escape from the body it stands to reason that the same thing would reduce it again.
All went well at first her sugar went up so that was good meaning she was absorbing the glucose and dextrose, well so it seemed, I checked her sugar a bit later and she has gone down to 2.2 by the time i had got her glucogon and added more dextrose she was at 1.9 so a trip in my ambulance was needed, her sugars came up after a while with dextrose and glucogon but only to 4.1 which is fine and safe but not a great response to treatment.
Once we got here after being on clear fluids for a few hours the lump had gone down a bit, the excess had leaked around the tube and I think back int the hole not really sure, Even though it had gone down a bit it was still very noticeable to the ED Drs so they stopped anything going through the tube as well its not good to have fluid leaking into the cavity, especially something as un sterile as bowel fluid ( yuk ) .
So tomorrow they plan on doing a contrast study to see if there tube is leaking anywhere in the tract causing the collection, I don't think it is due to the fact its in the same spot as where the fistula is only the surface of it has closed, Like the surgeon said just because the out side has closed it doesn't mean the inside has as well.
We wont know anything until tomorrow I guess, I just hope what ever it is we can get it sorted so that she can get back to being well like she was a month ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment